I hereby acknowledge and agree that by accepting holistic health direction from Nonie De Long:
1. The purpose of nutritional counselling is to improve the health of the body and mind by means of nutritional education and the use of natural foods and nutritional and herbal supplements. The Orthomolecular Nutritionist, Nonie De Long, is not a physician and does not diagnose diseases, disorders or conditions. The recommendations I receive from Nonie De Long are not a substitute for medical advice from a qualified physician.
2. No supplement or product Nonie De Long recommends is intended to, or can be lawfully said to, treat or cure disease. My health will improve as I provide my body with proper and balanced nutrients because my cells, tissues, and organs will have the nutrients they need for my body to do its own innate healing.
3. As part of the holistic health/ nutritional counselling services, I will be asked to provide information concerning my physical habits, medical history (including reports and medications), moods, energy levels, likes and dislikes, lifestyle and diet. I am responsible for honestly and completely supplying this information. This information is collected to enable Nonie De Long to: (i) assess my knowledge of nutrition, (ii) assess my nutritional/health needs, (iii) educate me about the benefits of sound nutritional practices applicable to my situation and (iv) recommend dietary changes and supplements or herbal/ homeopathic remedies applicable to my specific health imbalances. Nonie De Long will hold this information in confidence in full compliance with HIPAA and PIPEDA regulations, and will not release or disclose this information to any other person without my prior consent, except as required by applicable law.
4. I acknowledge Nonie De Long is not a physician and cannot be responsible for detecting disease in my body. If Nonie De Long, suspects the existence of disease, disorder or threatening condition, I will be referred to a physician or specialist to follow up. I alone am responsible for prompt follow up on such referrals.
5. The advice I will receive from Nonie De Long is personal and applies to me only. The same advice may be ineffective or even harmful when applied to other people with different nutritional/ health needs, so I will not advise others based on the advice Nonie gives me.
6. In providing holistic health/ nutritional counselling services to me, the Orthomolecular Nutritionist, Nonie De Long, is relying upon the truth, accuracy and completeness of all information I have provided to her. I agree to communicate honestly and completely and will communicate any changes in my medical situation, prescriptions, or treatments for the duration of our working relationship. This includes any adverse effects as a result of any changes I make.
7. Any changes in my diet and lifestyle, including any supplements or remedies I am directed by Nonie De Long to use, will produce effects in my body, energy, health, and condition that are typically gradual in nature. The time it takes to correct any imbalances will depend on several factors, including my current state of health and how rigorous I am in following any given nutritional/ supplement advice. Generally one month of corrective lifestyle interventions for every one year of poor health can be expected to see results. I understand I will need to commit to a minimum of 6 months of nutritional counselling services/ holistic health consulting with Nonie De Long to see marked and sustained benefit.
9. Clients are required to electronically pay a non-refundable deposit for services when booking and can book online or through Nonie. The full fee is required for testing before ordering, to cover the costs of the testing. 24 HOURS notice is required for cancelling or changing appointments. Appointments cancelled or changed before 24 HOURS of the appointment time will result in my deposit being applied to my next appointment/ service fee. Appointments cancelled after that period will result in a late cancellation fee of $50, which will cause me to lose my deposit.
10. I understand that any therapies I undertake with Nonie De Long are undertaken of my own free will. I accept that the ultimate responsibility for my health care is my own and that Nonie De Long is here to educate, guide, and support me in this. While Nonie De Long will do her best to help me achieve my health goals, the possibility exists that I may not attain them fully due to factors outside of Nonie De Long's control. I also understand that my practitioner reserves the right to determine which cases fall outside her scope of practice, or which she cannot help, in which event an appropriate referral will be recommended. I hereby agree to assume full responsibility for any manner of loss, injury, claim or damage whatsoever, known or unknown, incurred as a result of my attendance and/or participation.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CoNTENTS AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED. I UNDERSTAND IT TO BE A FULL AND FINAL RELEASE OF ALL COSTS, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH Nonie De Long's NUTRITION/ HOLISTIC COUNSELLING SERVICES.